Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Passione


I went to the IC--international cinema for all you noobs out there-- and watched an Italian movie. I am trying to learn Italian, again, with little success. Going to this movie was a cultural event. It was the strangest movie that I'm sure I have ever seen and I don’t feel like it reflected Italian culture all that well. Longest hour and a half od my life.

Before the movie I had dinner with some friends with whom I went on a study abroad to Siena. That was nearly, oh gosh, four years ago and we are all still pretty close. It was fun to be with them. We ate Italian food and reminisced and caught up. I love that after all this time we can still get together and talk about what happened that summer in Siena. We never tire of it. We always talk about how we need to go back. I hope that happens one day.


Something unusual that I feel to note: Usually when we get together we watch a Bollywood movie and eat Indian food, an obsession that began in Italy because the only girl tat thought to bring movies had only Bollywood films. Che bella.

No comments:

Post a Comment